The SKC Summer Camp will be held this weekend at the Changi Beach Club. Please note the following details:
- There will be no regular practices this Friday (18 Sep) & Sunday (20 Sep) at the OCBC Arena and Changi Japanese School respectively. Keiko at Changi Beach Club will be for the camp attendees only.
- Non-camp attendees who would like to join the Summer Camp on a per day basis, either to attend the Shimpan Seminar, to join keiko, etc, are required to pay a nominal fee of $40 per day (Please look for Grace or Ching Hui). This fee is charged so as to help cover the hall rental costs. Lunch is included, but only while stocks last.
- Please click to see SKC Summer Camp Itinerary.
- For camp attendees, do ensure that you have enough clothes to change into, do bring personal medication and shower essentials if you are staying overnight. Do also check that your shinais are in good condition.
- Emergency Contingency Plan:
:: Fire/Ambulance: 995
:: Non-emergency ambulance: 1777
:: definition of emergency & non-emergency via SCDF website.
:: Nearest hospital: Changi General Hospital
- Haze: SKC committee will monitor the haze situation closely and advise on the necessary action needed. Participants with respiratory conditions (eg. asthma), please bring along your medication at all times. Due to possible unforeseen circumstances, please pack an N95 mask. The Club will not be distributing any masks. Stay hydrated at all times.
:: PSI > 200, outdoor activity will be cancelled. All trainings will be conducted indoors. As haze and air quality affects people differently, feel free to take a break from training when necessary. Should you need medical assistance, please approach any of the SKC committee members.
:: PSI > 300, all trainings will be cancelled. Stay indoors and await instructions from the SKC committee.
- The training hall at Changi Beach Club is located at 350 Cranwell Road, Sports Complex.